Applying for Apartments and Houses
Applications for Family Housing and University Apartments are accepted year round. You must be admitted to the University of Oregon, have a university identification number, and be at least 20 years of age.
- Apply for admission to the university.
- Review options including occupancy and eligibility guidelines, and wait time.
- Complete your Family Housing and University Apartments application—complete your application on the Housing Portal, and pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. If applicable, follow up with supporting documents for occupants.
- Confirmation- a prepayment is not required at the time of application. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been received with an approximate wait time for the options you selected, and a request for documents if your application is incomplete.
- Housing Offer—a housing offer is e-mailed to applicants based on unit availability and the date of the application. To secure a housing offer, a $75 refundable security deposit and the first month's non-refundable prorated rent are required within 3 business days. Graduate Village does not require a security deposit.
Paper Application and Documentation
In some cases you will need to submit documentation to complete your application.
Documents to include: Marriage certificate or affidavit of domestic partnership and birth certificates for children or custody papers. Send application and documentation to the following address, fax, or e-mail:
Attention FHUA Coordinator
Mail: University Housing, 1220 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1220
Placement on a waitlist does not guarantee housing or a specific assignment. If you are not offered your requested date, your application will remain on the list. However, we will contact you with an update and a reply is required to keep your application open.
All changes to your Family Housing and University Apartment application may only be made by logging back into the Housing Portal.