Applying for Apartments and Houses
Applications for Family Housing and University Apartments are accepted year round. You must be admitted to the University of Oregon, have a university identification number, and be at least 20 years of age.
- Apply for and recieve admission to the University.
- Review options including occupancy and eligibility guidelines, and wait time.
- Complete your Family Housing and University Apartments application—complete your application on My Housing, and pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. If applicable, follow up with supporting documents for occupants.
- Confirmation—a prepayment is not required at the time of application. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been received with an approximate wait time for the options you selected, and a request for documents if your application is incomplete.
- Housing Offer—a housing offer is emailed to applicants based on unit availability and the date of the application. To secure a housing offer, a $75 refundable security deposit and the first month's non-refundable prorated rent are required within two business days. Graduate Village does not require a security deposit. The application will be cancelled after two offers are sent and declined.
In some cases you will need to submit documentation to complete your application.
Documents to include: Marriage certificate or affidavit of domestic partnership and birth certificates for children or custody papers. Send application and documentation to the following address, fax, or email:
Attention FHUA Assignments and Services Coordinator
Mail: University Housing, 1220 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1220
Placement on a waitlist does not guarantee housing or a specific assignment. If you are not offered a unit by your requested move in date, please continue to update your move in date to keep your application active. Your application will be cancelled if your desired move in date passes. Your application will also be cancelled after two offers are sent and both have been declined.
All changes to your Family Housing and University Apartment application may only be made by logging back into My Housing.