University Housing

Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management
University of Oregon Home

Apartments & Houses Application

Family reading a book on the couch.

Applying for Apartments and Houses 

Applications for Family Housing and University Apartments are accepted year round. You must be admitted to the University of Oregon, have a university identification number, and be at least 20 years of age.

  1. Apply for admission to the university.
  2. Review options including occupancy and eligibility guidelines, and wait time.
  3. Complete your Family Housing and University Apartments application—complete your application on the Housing Portal, and pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. If applicable, follow up with supporting documents for occupants.
  4. Confirmation- a prepayment is not required at the time of application. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been received with an approximate wait time for the options you selected, and a request for documents if your application is incomplete.
  5. Housing Offer—a housing offer is e-mailed to applicants based on unit availability and the date of the application. To secure a housing offer, a $75 refundable security deposit and the first month's non-refundable prorated rent are required within 3 business days. Graduate Village does not require a security deposit.

Paper Application and Documentation

In some cases you will need to submit documentation to complete your application.
Documents to include: Marriage certificate or affidavit of domestic partnership and birth certificates for children or custody papers. Send application and documentation to the following address, fax, or e-mail:

Attention FHUA Coordinator
Mail: University Housing, 1220 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1220
Fax: 541-346-4591


Placement on a waitlist does not guarantee housing or a specific assignment. If you are not offered your requested date, your application will remain on the list. However, we will contact you with an update and a reply is required to keep your application open. 

Application Changes

All changes to your Family Housing and University Apartment application may only be made by logging back into the Housing Portal.

Contracts and Rental Agreements