The Charity Drive Request process is for Official UO Student Organizations only.
- Please submit a Charity Drive Request form at least 2 weeks (10 business days) before the first requested day of the charity drive.
- Requests will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Residence Hall groups (RHA, Hall Government) will have priority over other requests.
- You will receive an email notifying you if we are able to accommodate your request and reminding you of the policies below.
Please note the following requirements:
- Charity Drives will be approved to run for no more than one calendar week.
- You will need to provide your own box for each location in which you would like to collect donations. Boxes should not exceed 24x24x24 inches and must be labeled with information about your drive including the name of your organization, and a contact email and phone number for your group.
- You must ensure that a representative of your group is able to check each box once per day throughout the duration of your drive. UO Housing Staff will not oversee your boxes or their contents.
- Marketing and advertising for the drive must be in compliance with UO Housing Partnering and Advertising Guidelines.
- Housing will not approve drive requests during the first week, or finals week, of any term, nor will it approve requests during any academic breaks.
- Clothing drives will not be permitted in spring term, in order to support Give Before You Go.
- After the conclusion of your drive, you will need to send a final report to Housing about the drive, including the name of your group, the name of the receiving organization, a copy of a receipt from the receiving organization, and the amount and type of goods collected. We will also welcome your feedback or suggestions regarding this process at that time.
- The following items cannot be collected: alcohol or drugs (including prescription drugs), weapons, liquids except unopened canned goods (e.g. soup), items prohibited by the housing contract, University property, electronic items with memory/data retention capacity.
- UO Housing Staff reserves the right to cancel or modify any drive that is not compliant with the above guidelines, and to remove any items that are against university policy or appear to create any hazard or safety concern to the residential community.