Chef Eric Bertrand
Chef, Eric BertrandDining Venues: Fresh Marketcafé
Meet Chef Eric
- What brought you to the UO?
- A commitment to cultural diversity, sustainability, and real excellence.
- What is your favorite dish to prepare?
- I love to prepare ratatouille—a Mediterranean vegetable stew.
- What influences the recipes you cook?
- The marriage of southwestern French cuisine and Northwest ingredients.
- What is unique about the Fresh Marketcafé experience?
- The uniqueness at Fresh is truly the abundance of choices, the freshness of the dishes, and the real openness of the space.
- What did you eat in dining today?
- A Parisian breakfast—delicious warm croissant, housemade quince jelly, orange juice, and the perfect espresso.
- The universe is ending, and you have 45 minutes to cook one last meal. What would it be, and why?
- Magret de Canard—duck breast—served with sauté cèpe. I have so many childhood memories with this dish.