Maintenance and Cleaning
Non-emergency maintenance concerns include slow drains, resetting the fan timer, small leaks, pests, and other non-urgent issues. Please report maintanence concerns by submitting a maintentenance request form on the Housing Portal.
Emergency maintenance concerns include smoke detector malfunctions, large leaks, clogged toilets, broken refrigerators, complete lack of hot water, and other urgent needs. To report emergency concerns during business hours call 541-346-5263. After hours contact the on-call community assistant at 541-912-1435.
For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 immediately.
Routine inspections are conducted throughout the year. For all inspections, tenants will receive notice at least 24 hours before the inspection.
- Health & Safety Inspections take place once a year in February. These inspections require entry into every unit in Family Housing & University Apartments and can take anywhere between five to fifteen minutes depending on the size of your unit. These inspections help to ensure all fire safety equipment is in working order and that apartments and homes are in safe and sanitary condition.
- Basement inspections occur monthly throughout winter and spring in homes with basements. These inspections help to ensure the basements are maintaining moisture control during the wetter months.
Cleaning and Care of Your Home
Keeping your unit floors, counters, appliances, fixtures, and window ledges clean will prevent pests and sanitiation concerns for the unit and the neighbors around the unit. To help prevent clogged drains please follow these tips:
- Do not put any food, oil, or chemicals down the drain.
- Only dispose of human waste and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Keep small children from playing in the toilet to avoid inappropriate objects from being placed there.
Controlling Moisture in Your Home
This area of the country has a high moisture content in the air. As a result, moisture accumulations can result in mold if not taken care of properly. To help control indoor moisture we have installed fans in bathrooms and kitchens, and windows with vents and fan timers in Spencer View apartments. Residents are expected to help control moisture by taking the following steps:
- Keep furniture at least two inches from any wall to allow for better circulation.
- When possible, keep window shades open to allow airflow across the window pane.
- Wipe condensation off windows.
- Allow the bathroom fan to run for twenty minutes after showers.
- Use kitchen fan when cooking.
- When not in use, leave bathroom door open to allow for better air circulation.
- Report leaks immediately.
- Dry any wet areas around the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, or shower.