Meet Chef Elizabeth Kuretich
Chef, Elizabeth KuretichDining Venues: DUX Bistro
Meet Chef Elizabeth
- What brought you to the UO?
- I recently graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. I was looking for a position to straddle my interest in management but reflect my passion for food.
- What is your favorite dish to prepare?
- Braised red chili pork butt, baked-refried beans, tortillas, and pico de gallo.
- What influences the recipes you cook?
- Layers of flavors, spices, and herbs. Good food takes time.
- What is unique about the UO dining experience?
- Each dining venue has a different approach to satisfying the students' needs and wants.
- What did you eat for breakfast in dining today?
- A big bowl of the local blueberries from Carson Dining.
- The universe is ending, and you have 45 minutes to cook one last meal. What would it be, and why?
- Biscuits and white, spicy sausage gravy.