Meet Dulce Castro
Dulce CastroDepartment: Academic Advising
Meet Dulce Castro
- Background and Areas of Interest:
- I am a double duck! I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Spanish, and a Master of Science in Conflict and Dispute Resolution.
- What brought you to the University of Oregon?
- I was raised in small town in southern Oregon and visited the UO campus when I was a high school student. From my undergrad to graduate school to now my professional career, I still love this campus and continue to feel committed to helping other Ducks have a positive experience as they transition and graduate from the university.
- How did you get involved in Academic Advising?
- Having been a first-generation student of color, I know that accessing higher education can be both an exciting and challenging process. I know the huge impact that effective advising can have, as I succeeded in completing my educational goals due to the support I received from many individuals. I served in various roles at the UO before becoming an academic advisor and I frankly did not realize that this was a job I could have until my last year of my undergraduate experience. I feel very privileged to have the opportunity to work with students every day and be part of their college journey!
- What’s the best advice you have for a college student?
- Do not be afraid to ask questions and reach out for support. College will test you in different ways, not just academically, so take advantage of the resources and opportunities available on and off campus.
- How can students contact you?
- I will be reaching out to you directly via e-mail regarding advising appointments. I hold "After Hours" advising in the Hamilton East Community Director Office in the 1st Floor Cloran Lounge. I can also be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.