Hometown: San Jose, CA
- What is the best part of living on campus?
- Living on campus is a great way to meet new people. My favorite part is how quickly a community is built in the halls. You’re surrounded by so many different people, but you’re all there for the same reason. You can live near students who you are in your classes, too. Also, when you’re living on campus, there are so many people who are there to support you and help you grow and succeed.
- What would you tell a first-year student about your housing experience?
- My first year living on campus was fantastic. I made a lot of friends and learned about on-campus resources, student organizations and employment opportunities through the people that I met in my hall. I’d recommend keeping your doors open whenever possible and stopping by other people’s doors to chat (and don’t be shy!). I’m living on campus again this year in a room of my choice!
- What are you involved in on campus?
- I’m currently a library student assistant at the Knight, Math and Science libraries (I love libraries!). I’m also a part of my Hall Government.
- What is your favorite meal on campus?
- The Saturday night pasta bar at Carson Dining, definitely. Carson Dining also serves great themed dinners through the year, like the Winter Feastival and the Chinese New Year dinner.
- What was move-in day like?
- The hall was like a zoo on move-in day, and it was really exciting! It’s a super fun day because of the chaos: parents and students stuffed into elevators with their luggage, the initial nervous meetings between roommates, and the first time navigating your way around campus. It can feel overwhelming, but everyone’s in the same boat as you!
- What does it mean to be a Duck?
- Being a Duck means that you have a ton of school spirit and you always support the flock. A Duck is adventurous, spirited, and ambitious.