The Erb Memorial Union (EMU) has several ATMs for various financial systems. See the "services" section of the EMU website at emu.uoregon.edu for more information. There are also ATMs at the campus Duck Store (the University of Oregon Bookstore) at 13th Avenue and Kincaid Street on the west side of campus.
The first year of college can be challenging enough without adding anxiety from mounting
debt or other money woes. Here are some tips to stay stress-free with finances:
- Start the school year with some money on hand. Financial aid doesn’t cover all your needs. Discretionary spending like cell phones, gas, video games, entertainment and online purchases will add up.
- Consider minimizing financial obligations—at least for the first year or two.
- Talk to roommates about sharing big-ticket items such as furniture.
- Recognize there may be extra expenses fall term such as greater room and board payments, moving expenses, supplies and books.
- Visit the UO Office of Financial Aid for more tips.
University Housing bills room and board charges to student accounts at the beginning of each term. Room and board charges will appear in three installments. Payments can be made for the entire cost of the term or in the three installments. Room and board charges appear on the same monthly statement that includes tuition, student fees, and other university charges and payments. The university uses an electronic billing and payment system called QuikPAY.® Electronic statements are generated monthly around the 15th of each month. Statements are sent to the student’s university-issued e-mail account. Payments are due on the first day of the following month and are considered past due if received after the 10th of the month. Students can make payments electronically by using QuikPAY® through their DuckWeb account. Payments can also be made in person at the Cashier’s Office in Oregon Hall or through the mail.
For more information regarding the housing section of your bill, please call 541-346-4277. For general billing questions, call Student Billing/UO Accounts Receivable at 541-346-3170.
QuickPAY® Authorized Payer User Guide (pdf, 300kb)
QuikPAY® Website for Authorized Payers
The university has developed a response to hall offenses such as theft and vandalism. Designed to promote responsibility
for community, the "group damages charge" provides accountability when community members demonstrate disregard for their
living environment and when excessive cleaning is necessary. These charges come out each term and are billed to students’ accounts as appropriate.