Ruben Moreno Eusse
Ruben Moreno EusseDining Venues: Barnhart Dining and Puddles Café
- What brought you to the UO?
- I was born in Madrid, Spain, and during my formative years I had the opportuntity to explore the world—coming in contact with fantastic people from all walks of life. Finally, in 1997, I landed in Eugene and fell in love with this place. It has, in my opinion, the perfect combination of outdoor activities, an exciting cultural life, and of course the UO. Having worked for two well-known local restaurants, I decided that being a Duck was my next goal. So in 2008 I joined the university team, which was one of the best things I've ever done.
- What is your favorite dish to prepare?
- I love making pizza. It is extremely versatile and I can let my imagination take flight. I get deep satisfaction when I'm able to put a personal spin on a classic such as pizza, especially when customers are intrigued by it.
- What influences the recipes you cook?
- My passion is to satisfy the wants and needs of our customers. At the UO we come in contact with people from all over the world. Listening to what they are craving gives me a clear direction on what kinds of recipes to work on. Also, using organic, local, and regional ingredients is one of our main goals.
- What did you eat for breakfast in dining today?
- I enjoyed a ceviche-filled avocado perfectly accompanied by a pesto tortellini salad. A little later I needed a boost so I had a frothy cappuccino accompanied by a sweet and satisfying housemade éclair.
- The universe is ending, and you have 45 minutes to cook one last meal. What would it be, and why?
- A taco pizza. This is a fusion of some of my favorite foods—pizza and Mexican food.