This message was sent to Barnhart Hall residents after a fire incident in the building on January 28, 2022.
Earlier today, a small fire in a resident’s room in Barnhart Hall required an evacuation of the building. We wanted to reach out and let you know that this occurred if you were not aware of the incident. Emergency personnel were on the scene and determined this fire was accidental and caused by a candle. At this time, there is no known further risk.
All residents have been cleared to enter the building and our facilities staff are working on cleaning up the incident in the affected room.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any support, you can connect with your Resident Assistant, Community Director, or University Counseling Services. If you’d like to opt in for alert messages from the University, you can do so at safety.uoregon.edu/uo-alerts.
As a reminder, you can find information regarding fire safety in the residence halls online.