College of Business Residential Community
What is the College of Business Residential Community?
This community is designed for students exploring a career in business. Live and learn alongside your peers and attend programs focused on career exploration, résumé writing, elevator pitches, networking, and business etiquette. In addition, students with an interest in creativity and innovation can join us in the Innovation Lab housed near the community kitchen on the first floor of Earl Hall. You will also have the opportunity to sharpen your focus and increase your professional skills by participating in the Lundquist College of Business Job Shadow Program. There are club activities to help you connect with a wide variety of Lundquist College of Business student clubs and build essential leadership skills. An evening guest speaker series brings in business leaders and faculty to talk about their career paths and answer questions.
Why should I join?
Whether you’ve known from the age of five you wanted to go into business or still aren’t sure business is right for you, this community gives you a chance to explore career paths and connect with peers who have similar interests. It could be that you and your friend down the hall create a startup venture that eventually changes the face of business. You can even create your prototype in the Innovation Lab. You will have access to academic advising services and resident assistants with backgrounds in business. Additionally, living in the same hall with other students who are serious about a challenging academic program makes it easier to form study groups and create a supportive network of friends.
What classes will we take?
- BA 101 Introduction to Business (4 credits)
- BA 199 Maximizing Your Business Education (1 credit)
- Optional business-themed course with peers in the community
- Courses satisfy specific pre-business administration requirements, and BA 101 is Social Science group satisfying.
This community is currently located in Earl Hall. Please note that Academic Residential Communities can be moved to different residence hall buildings if the size or need of the community changes.
How do I apply?
All first-year students are eligible.
- First - Apply for University Housing and select College of Business Residential Community on the "Community Preference" section.
- Second - Complete the "Community Questions" section on the housing application. This will ensure that the faculty director will be able to review your application to live in this community. The faculty director will be in contact with you before summer to determine your placement in this community.
For more information, e-mail LCBfirstname.lastname@example.org.