Media and Social Action Residential Community
What is the Media and Social Action Residential Community?
Media and Social Action is an Academic Residential Community for undergraduate students who are interested in communication and passionate about social issues. Here you will learn how to harness digital, social, and news media to raise awareness, shape attitudes, and move people toward meaningful action.
Why should I choose to live in the community?
Through exclusive learning opportunities coordinated by the School of Journalism and Communication, you will:
- Create compelling stories using digital, social, and mobile technologies
- Learn how to plan and implement strategic communication plans for social good
- Better understand community and group behaviors and needs through interdisciplinary courses Participate in exclusive learning partnerships with community organizations in Oregon and beyond
- Collaborate to produce a dynamic online publication that will be a resource for your first-year peers at the UO Our ultimate goal is to help you to emerge as a leader in the communities to which you belong. Come to Oregon and change the world
The Media and Social Action community is in Kalapuya Ilihi. Please note that Academic Residential Communities can be moved to different residence hall buildings if the size or need of the community changes.
Who is eligible and how do I apply?
All first-year students are eligible.
- First - Apply for University Housing and select Media and Social Action on the "Community Preference" section.
- Second - Complete the "Community Questions" section on the housing application. This will ensure that the faculty director will be able to review your application to live in this community. The faculty director will be in contact with you before summer to determine your placement in this community.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.