December 8, 2017-January 6, 2018
Halls close at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 8, 2017. Halls will reopen Saturday, January 6, 2018, at 9:00 a.m.
Late Stay/Stay Over/Early Arrival
To stay while the halls are closed there will be an additional fee and spaces are limited (see Winter Break Fees below). You will need to submit a request on the Housing Portal to be considered.
- Friday, December 8th: Carson Dining, Barnhart Dining, BIG Mouth Burrito, Common Grounds Café, Fire 'n' Spice Grill, and Puddles Café close at 2:00 p.m. DUX Bistro, Grab 'n' Go and Fresh Marketcafé will all close at 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 6th: Grab 'n' Go Marketplace will be open for limited hours from noon-6:00 p.m. offering packaged goods only. All other units will remain closed.
- Sunday, January 7th: Big Mouth Burrito, Common Grounds Café, DUX Bistro, Fresh Marketcafé, and Grab 'n' Go Market Place will open for regular weekend hours. Carson and Barnhart Dining will open for dinner service beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Your prorated meal points for the week of December 3-8 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 29 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 37 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 46 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 54 meal points.
Regular meal point allotment resumes January 7, 2018.
Housing Service Centers
All package deliveries will be picked up at Barnhart Service Center for the duration of the break. December 19, 2017-January 6, 2018
(Predicted hours of operation; please check with your Housing Service Center for confirmation.)
- Friday (12/8) – All Service Centers close at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday (12/9) – Barnhart Service Center 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday (12/10) – All Service Centers CLOSED.
- Monday (12/11)-Friday (12/22) – Barnhart Service Center open (noon-5:00 p.m.), Monday-Saturday. All other centers CLOSED.
- Saturday (12/23)-Monday (12/25) – All Service Centers CLOSED.
- Tuesday (12/26)-Sunday (12/31) – Barnhart Service Center open (noon-5:00 p.m.)
- Monday (1/1) – All Service Centers CLOSED.
- Tuesday (1/2)-Friday (1/5) – Barnhart Service Center open noon-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday (1/6) – All Service Centers Open at 8:00 a.m. for regular weekend hours.
New Roommates May Move In While You Are Away
Rooms with vacancies may be entered to prepare the space for a new resident. Please be sure that your belongings are not on the side of the room the new resident will be using. In the event that you come back from break and find a new student living in your room, we hope that you will extend them a warm UO welcome and provide them equitable space to share the room.
Scheduled maintenance may be completed during break. This includes checking smoke detectors, door locks, heaters, and other projects. This will require University Housing staff to be in the rooms. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit or call your University Housing Service Center.
Winter Break Fees
Since the halls close over winter break, there is an additional fee of $420 ($780 for Barnhart and Global Scholars Hall) for students who must stay on campus and are unable to vacate during this time. Remaining students will be moved into temporary rooms to allow for better campus safety during this period of low occupancy.