About University Housing
University Housing is committed to facilitating students’ development as they build an inclusive community, establish a sense of home, and succeed academically. We value diversity and respect, integrity and equality, learning and growth, responsibility and accountability, and safety and security. We work hard to incorporate our values into our daily work and practices to ensure we are providing the best experience for our Ducks.
We know that living on campus adds value to the UO student experience and contributes to a higher GPA and future success for most students—and we are proud of the work we are doing with Academic Residential Programs and other initiatives to support the mission of the institution.
- University Housing houses over 4,500 Ducks.
- With over 700 professional and student employees University Housing is one of the largest departments on campus.
- University Housing serves an average of 10,000 meals a day.
- A few historic campus buildings were once housing facilities—Straub Hall, Campbell Hall, Hendricks Hall, Gerlinger Hall, and Friendly Hall.
- Hendricks Hall, Gerlinger Hall, and Campbell Hall made up the Women's Memorial Quadrangle
- Every residence hall student receives a reusable water bottle to encourage sustainability.
- There are more bike parking locations in our residence halls than parking spaces.