Winter term move in: January 6, 2018
Packing and Pre-arrival
Your assignment e-mail will be sent to your UO student email address in mid-December, and you can also find your assigment information online, you will find important information about move-in day including your check-in time, your hall, and your room assignment. Before you make the journey to campus be sure to:
- Pack light. Use the What to Bring checklist to help you pack. Barnhart, Carson, Living-Learning Center (LLC), Kalapua Ilihi, Riley and Global Scholars Hall (GSH) are the only halls with elevators (which can get really busy during move-in). It may also be helpful to bring a hand truck or dolly. Please leave your furry friends at home. We would hate for something to happen if they were to get tangled up in the commotion of the day and they are also not permitted in the residence halls.
- Learn your hall location. This information will help you know how to navigate the fastest route to your residence hall and check-in location.
- Know your check-in time. You can check-in anytime throughout the weekend beginning 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at your Housing Service Center.
- Linen packs available for purchase with On Campus Marketing (OCM). A portion of the proceeds go directly to the Residence Hall Association.
- Want to ship some of your belongings? Please make sure they arrive AFTER you do. We are unable to hold items for people who are not current residents and will have to return to sender unless you have checked-in.
- Please leave pets at home. All members of the family like to send off students at move-in, but with all of the foot traffic and activity, move-in day can be a dangerous place for dogs and other pets, the weather can also be prohibitively hot for leaving an animal in the car while moving in. Other than fish and documented service animals, pets are not allowed in the residence halls.
- Large Vehicles and Trailors. Parking for large vehicles such as motorhomes and trailors is often difficult to find. Motorhome parking is not provided for students and families at move-in, and public street parking that does not have 2-hour parking limits is far from campus.
As a federally funded institution, the UO still abides by federal law, which classifies marijuana as an illegal substance. Marijuana may not be possessed on any UO-owned or -controlled property. Learn more about UOPD recommendations for students and parents.
Getting to UO
Determine your hall, and take the appropriate I-5 exit.
Exits from Interstate 5
- Barnhart, Carson, Earl, LLC, Walton, Riley and Hamilton East:
- northbound I-5 take exit 189 for 30th Avenue; southbound I-5 take exit 194B for I-105
- Bean, Global Scholars Hall, Kalapuya Ilihi and Hamilton West:
- take exit 191 for Glenwood Boulevard
Finding Your Hall
Please look for an available space that does not block traffic.
From the south, take Hilyard Street north to East Broadway; turn left on East Broadway. Turn left on Patterson Street. Barnhart Hall is on the west side of Patterson. From the north, take Coburg Road south across Ferry Street Bridge to Franklin Boulevard/East Broadway. Turn right on Patterson Street. Barnhart Hall is on the west side of Patterson. Look for unloading zones in the Barnhart parking lot.
Bean Hall (East: Moore, Parsons, Thornton, Willcox; West: Caswell, DeBusk, Ganoe, Henderson)
Take Franklin Boulevard west to Villard Street, and turn left on Villard. Turn right on 15th Avenue, and look for unloading zone parking. Bean Hall (west and east) is on the north side of 15th Avenue.
Take Franklin Boulevard east to Agate Street. Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Agate. At the stop sign, turn right on 13th Avenue. Look for unloading zone parking on 13th Avenue west of Agate. Carson Hall is located East of the EMU Student Union on the south side of 13th Avenue.
Earl Hall (McClure, Morton, Sheldon, Stafford, Young)
Take Franklin Boulevard east to Agate Street. Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Agate. Go south on Agate past the stop sign at 13th Avenue, then turn right on 15th Avenue. Look for unloading zone parking on 15th Avenue. Earl Hall is located on the north side of 15th Avenue, west of the LLC.
Global Scholars Hall
Take Franklin Boulevard west to Villard Street, and turn left on Villard. Turn right on 15th Avenue, and look for unloading zone parking on E 15th Avenue and Moss Street. The Global Scholars Hall is on the south side of 15th Avenue, West of Moss street.
Hamilton Hall East (Burgess, Collier, Unthank, Robbins, Spiller)
Take Franklin Boulevard east to Agate Street. Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Agate. At the stop sign, turn left on 13th Avenue. Look for unloading zone parking on 13th Avenue east of Agate. To look for more unloading zone parking, turn right on Columbia Street off of 13th Avenue. The east side of Hamilton Hall is on the west side of Columbia Street across from the Ford Alumni Center.
Hamilton Hall West (Boynton, Cloran, McClain, Tingle, Watson)
Take Franklin Boulevard west to Villard Street, and turn left on Villard. Turn right on 15th Avenue. Turn right on Agate Street, and look for unloading zone parking. The west side of Hamilton Hall is on the east side of Agate Street.
Living-Learning Center (LLC)
Take Franklin Boulevard east to Agate Street. Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Agate. Go south on Agate past the stop sign at 13th Avenue, then turn right on 15th Avenue. Look for unloading zone parking on 15th Avenue. The LLC is located on the north side of 15th Avenue between Walton and Earl Hall.
Take Franklin Boulevard west to Villard Street, and turn left on Villard. Turn right on 15th Avenue, left on Moss Street and look for unloading zone parking along Moss street and 17th Avenue. Look for unloading zones in the parking lot between Kalapuya Ilihi and the Global Scholars Hall. Kalapuya Ilihi is on the north side of 17th Avenue.
From the south, take Hilyard Street north to 11th Avenue, and turn left on 11th Avenue. Travel one block and turn left on Patterson Street. Riley is on the east side of Patterson between 11th and 12th avenues. From the north, take Coburg Road south across Ferry Street Bridge to Franklin Boulevard/East Broadway. Turn right on Patterson Street. Riley is on the east side of Patterson between 11th and 12th avenues. Look for unloading zones in the Riley parking lot.
Walton Hall (Adams, Clark, DeCou, Douglass, Dyment, Hawthorne, McAlister, Schafer, Smith, Sweetser)
Take Franklin Boulevard east to Agate Street. Stay in the right lane. Turn right on Agate and head south past the stop sign at 13th Avenue. Look for unloading zone parking on the west side of Agate. To look for more unloading zone parking, go to 15th Avenue and turn right. Walton is located at the corner of 15th Avenue and Agate Street.
Check your assignment information for your check-in time and location. Students must check themselves in and sign for their own keys. Please bring your UO ID card with you.
Change in Arrival
If you are planning on arriving before January 6, you would need to complete a change in arrival To move in early, complete the Early Move-in Request form on My Housing after you receive your room assignment. Requests are not guaranteed and if approved, will incur an additional charge of $25. The dining venues reopen for limited hours beginning Saturday, January 6, 2018.
If you will be arriving after regular check-in is over (after January 7), you are considered to be a Late Arrival. You will need to complete and submit a Change in Arrival form on My Housing to prevent your assigned space from being canceled. If your plans change, please notify University Housing.
Submit your Room Condition Report and Emergency Contact
In your room, you will find a card that directs you to the Property and Room Condition Report (PRCR) on My Housing. This documents the room's condition upon move-in; residents are responsible for damage or loss that occurs during the year. Failure to complete the online form indicates that you accept that your room and included property are in good condition. When you move out, you will be charged for any undocumented damage. You will have seven days to submit your PRCR.
You will also need to log into My Housing to complete your Emergency Contact Form.
Picking Up Your UO ID Card
If you didn't get your UO ID card at IntroDUCKtion, you'll need to get it before the end of move-in day. The Card Office is located on the ground floor of the Erb Memorial Union (EMU) and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Your ID card grants you access to your hall and you will also need it to pick up mail at your Housing Service Center, use meal points at the nine housing dining venues, go to the Student Recreation Center and the University Health Center, check out library books, ride LTD buses for free, and the list goes on.
Connect with Your Staff
Connect with your Student Leader and Community Director (live-in professional staff), they are helpful resources that help acclimate you to your new life as a Duck.
Have questions about living here? Check out All About Living Here and the FAQ. Now that you're here, you can also stop by the University Housing office in Walton Hall, just across from Hayward Field Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. We're happy to help!