Robert D. Clark Honors College
What is the Robert D. Clark Honors College Community?
This is a community designed for students to interact with faculty members, peer advisors, and visiting scholars, in addition to other honors students. Honors college students have an academic home in Chapman Hall and a residential home in Global Scholars Hall, which offers a dynamic learning environment with a variety of living and learning spaces. Many honors college classes, especially those most often attended by first year students, are held in classrooms within the Global Scholars Hall, and both academic and social events take place within the residence hall on evenings and weekends.
Why should I choose the honors college community?
Choosing the Academic Residential Community for the Clark Honors College puts you in a living environment with fellow honors college students, many of whom will be taking the same first-year courses as you. Returning students serving as resident assistants in the community are also students in the honors college. They are a wonderful source of information and can provide tips and tricks on how to approach honors classes, as well as balancing social activities with your workload. This community focuses on providing honors students with increased access to academic resources, as well as supporting the development of well-rounded students through social programming.
What amenities does the community feature?
- Faculty resident scholar
- Library and in-house librarian
- CHC Student Association events
- Academic peer advisors
- Social events with honors college faculty, such as cooking pancakes and playing ping-pong
Which classes will we take?
There are no ARC-specific courses. Students will enroll in their regular Clark Honors College first-year curriculum. Some CHIPs will be offered as “Residential CHIPs” with students living on the same floor in the Global Scholars Hall.
Who is eligable and how do I apply?
- First - Apply for University Housing and select the program you prefer in the "Academic Residential Communities" section.
- Second - Fill out the Supplemental Application page which will show at the end of your housing application, the program director will be in communication with you over the summer to remind you to fill out the form and determine class placement and details.
This community is currently located in Global Scholars Halll. Please note that Academic Residential Communities can be moved to different residence hall buildings if the size or need of the community changes.