Digital Displays (scheduling required)
University Housing uses the student playlist for digital displays, this playlist is also used on some screens in the EMU, Rec Center, Holden Center, Career Center, and Dean of Students Office. University Housing does not accept direct submissions for digital displays, please work with your marketing manager to submit to the student playlist.
Student Life and Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM) partners may submit slide requests via the SSEM marketing.
Posters (10 day minimum advance submission)
Only university-affiliated departments or registered University of Oregon student organizations are permitted to submit posters.
To submit posters for approval, fill out the poster request form.
Advertising in the residence halls for 2021–22 includes: posters in the residence halls, dining venues, and one Instagram story the week of your event from the University Housing main account.
- Posters for fall term 2021 will begin September 27. These must be delivered by September 20. Otherwise, all posters need to be delivered at least 10 business days before the desired posting date.
- Total poster quantity is 100, divided by building and/or dining venue and labeled and packaged in these quantities.
- Carson/Carson Dining (9)
- Global Scholars Hall/Fresh Marketcafé (16)
- Living Learning Center/DUX Bistro (13)
- Unthank Hall/PNW Public Market (15)
- Barnhart Hall/Barnhart Dining and Puddles Café (11)
- Earl Hall (5)
- Hamilton Hall (10)
- Riley Hall (3)
- Kalapuya Ilihi (6)
- Justice Bean (12)
- Instagram story post to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. by Monday at 5:00 p.m. the week of your event.
- Posters must have the department or student organization’s logo or name listed.
- Posters will be displayed for two weeks.
- Poster requests will not be accepted the last two weeks (weeks 9 and 10) of a term.
- If you have questions about approval, please contact University Housing at email@example.com.
Table Tents (scheduling required)
Due to COVID-19, table tents are suspended for fall term 2021. Information for winter term will be available in January 2022. Please see information above under Posters section for promoting in the halls.
Tabling (scheduling required)
University Housing plans to offer tabling options for 2021–22 to UO student organizations and UO Departments. Locations available will be in Global Scholars Hall and Living Learning Center. Tabling requirements: any person staged or working at the time of tabling must adhere to the university guidlines for face-coverings. Please ready about the face-covering guidelines online. For more information and reservations, contact UO Catering & Conference Services at 541-346-4303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only official UO student organizations may apply.
- Please submit a Charity Drive Request form at least two weeks (10 business days) before the first requested day of the charity drive.
- Requests will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Residence hall groups (RHA, Hall Government) will have priority over other requests.
- You will receive an email notifying you if we are able to accommodate your request and reminding you of the policies.
University Housing will only promote University of Oregon departments and organizations. We are committed to supporting the university’s mission of promoting student health and academic success. We will not approve any materials that promote unhealthy behaviors—including underage alcohol consumption or drug-related behaviors—or may present a conflict of interest. We reserve the right to remove or deny any submissions we deem inappropriate. Please read the information for each medium to ensure you qualify to market with us.
Non-university affiliated groups should contact EMU Scheduling and Events for approved ways to market on our campus.
Public newspapers and their containers are only allowed in specified, designated areas near public, dining spaces: Living Learning Center, Carson, Hamilton, Global Scholars Hall, and Barnhart. Any publications placed outside of these designated areas will be promptly removed.
We will not accept art that we believe reflects poorly on our brand or art that markets outside venues or companies that are in direct competition with University Housing. Submissions must follow university communication standards. University Housing reserves the right to reject artwork that does not reflect the standards.