The University of Oregon provides both wireless and wired internet for University Housing residents.
Students should use the campus-wide UO Secure wireless network. Log in to this or any other UO campus network with your Duck ID and password. If you do not have these or are unsure, please contact the Information Services Technology Service Desk (Tech Desk).
Routers are not allowed in the residence halls. Having a router in an area with wireless coverage is against university policy as it can lead to degradation of the campus network, even when unregistered.
Note: Any device (computer, game console, smart tv, etc.) plugged directly in to an Ethernet wall port must be registered for use on the campus network at ise-guest.uoregon.edu.
Connecting to UO Secure (Preferred Method)
- Select the “UO Secure” network from the list of wireless networks on your device.
- Enter your Duck ID and password (associated with your UO email address).
- Click “OK” to any prompts.
- Once connected, you should not have to log in again until your password changes.
Connecting to the UO Network
- Locate the Ethernet port on the wall in your residence hall room
- Locate the Ethernet port on your computer or device
- Some laptops (especially Apple laptops) do not have an Ethernet port. ResNet has Ethernet adapters available to purchase)
- Connect your Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port. (ResNet has Ethernet cables available for purchase)
- Register the computer for use on the campus network at ise-guest.uoregon.edu.
Registration lets us know who is responsible for a device. This allows us to notify the owner if an issue arises, such as a malware infection. Notification is often by email and/or network quarantine.
Upon logging into the Resnet Devices Portal, ise-guest.uoregon.edu, you would select ADD on the Manage Devices page. You will need to enter a unique Device Name (My Laptop, Xbox, etc.) so that you can recognize your device. You will then need to enter the MAC address in the Device ID field. Please remember to use the WIRED MAC address using colons (:) not dashes (-). You may enter a description, however, it is not required. After submitting your device information, you will be returned to the Manage Devices page. After a few moments your device will appear in the list with a pending status. By selecting a device on the Manage Devices page, you have the option to report the device as stolen or lost. You may also edit the description, or delete the device.