Halls Closed: December 7, 2018–January 5, 2019
Residence halls close at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 7, 2018. The residence halls will reopen Saturday, January 5, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
Late Stay, Stay Over, or Early Arrival
If you wish to stay while the residence halls are closed there will be an additional fee and spaces are limited. Residents will need to submit a request on My Housing to be considered.
The dining venues in the EMU will be open for limited hours during Winter Break. For detailed hours visit food.uoregon.edu.
- Friday, December 7: Barnhart Dining, Big Mouth Burrito, Common Grounds Café, and Fire 'n' Spice Grill will close at 2:00 p.m. Carson Dining, Puddles Café, DUX Bistro, Grab 'n' Go Market, and Fresh Marketcafé will close at 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 8: All Housing Dining venues are closed.
- Saturday, January 5: Grab 'n' Go will be open for limited hours from noon–7:00 p.m. offering packaged goods only. All other venues will remain closed. Carson Dining will open for dinner at 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 6: Big Mouth Burrito, Carson Dining, DUX Bistro, Fresh Marketcafé, and Grab 'n' Go will open for regular weekend hours. Barnhart Dining will open for dinner service beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Your prorated meal points for the week of December 2–7 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 43 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 56 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 69 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 81 meal points.
- Regular meal point allotment resumes January 6, 2018.
Housing Service Centers
Housing service centers will be on limited break hours beginning December 8, 2018 through January 4, 2019. Mail deliveries will continue throughout Winter Break. Service centers are unable to forward packages once received and residents may retrieve the packages when they return to campus. Please check with your Housing service center for confirmation and mail service hours.
- Friday, December 7: All service centers close at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 8: All service centers will be open for limited hours for mail services. Check with your service center for additional info.
- Sunday, Dember 9: All service centers closed.
- Monday, Demeber 10–Friday, Dember 21: All service centers will be open for limited hours for mail services. Check with your service center for additional info.
- Saturday, December 22–Tuesday, December 25: All service centers closed.
- Wednesday, December 26–Saturday, December 29: All service centers will be open for limited hours for mail services. Check with your service center for additional info.
- Sunday December 30–Tuesday, January 1: All service centers closed.
- Wednesday, January 2–Friday, January 4: All service centers will be open for limited hours for mail services. Check with your service center for additional info.
- Saturday, January 5: All service centers open at 8:00 a.m. for regular weekend hours.
New Roommates May Move In
Rooms with vacancies may be entered to prepare the space for a new resident. Please be sure that your belongings are not on the side of the room the new resident will be using. In the event that you come back from break and find a new roommate living in your room, we hope that you will extend them a warm UO welcome and provide them equitable space to share the room.
Scheduled maintenance may be completed during break. This includes checking smoke detectors, door locks, heaters, and other projects. This will require University Housing staff to be in the rooms. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit or call your University Housing Service Center.
Since the halls close over winter break, there is an additional fee of $580 ($460 for Law School students) for students who stay on campus and are unable to vacate during this time. Remaining students may be moved into temporary rooms to allow for better campus safety during this period of low occupancy. There is a $25 daily fee for any student checking out of the residence halls late (after Friday, December 7 at 7:00 p.m.)