Halls Closed: December 13, 2019–January 3, 2020
Residence halls close at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 13, 2019, and reopen Saturday, January 4, 2020, at 9:00 a.m.
Late Stay, Stay Over, or Early Arrival
If you wish to stay while the residence halls are closed there will be an additional fee and spaces are limited. Residents will need to submit a request on My Housing to be considered.
The dining venues in the EMU will be open for limited hours during Winter Break. For detailed hours visit food.uoregon.edu.
- Friday, December 13:
- Barnhart Dining, Big Mouth Burrito, Common Grounds Café, and Fire 'n' Spice Grill will close at 2:00 p.m.
- Carson Dining, Puddles Café, DUX Bistro, Grab 'n' Go Market, and Fresh Marketcafé will close at 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14: All Housing Dining venues are closed.
- Saturday, January 4:
- Grab 'n' Go will be open for limited hours from noon to 7:00 p.m. offering packaged goods only.
- Carson Dining will open for dinner at 5:00 p.m.
- All other venues will remain closed.
- Sunday, January 5:
- Big Mouth Burrito, Carson Dining, DUX Bistro, Fresh Marketcafé, and Grab 'n' Go will open for regular weekend hours.
- Barnhart Dining will open for dinner service beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- Common Grounds, Fire 'n' Spice, and Puddles Café are closed.
Your prorated meal points for the week of December 9–13 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 43 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 56 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 69 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 81 meal points.
Meal points will be available for dinner on January 4, but points do not roll over. Regular meal point allotment resumes January 5.
Prorated meal points for January 4 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 7 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 9 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 11 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 13 meal points.
Housing Service Centers
Winter break hours begin Saturday, December 14, 2018, and extend through Friday, January 3, 2019. All service centers are closed on Sundays.
- Living Learning Center Monday–Saturday 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Hamilton Monday–Saturday 10:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Barnhart Monday–Saturday, noon–5:00 p.m.
- Global Scholars Hall Monday–Saturday, 2:15–5:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 4: Hamilton, Barnhart, LLC, and Global Scholars Hall open at 8:00 a.m.
Regular service center hours resume Sunday, January 5: LLC and Global Scholars Hall open at 7:00 a.m., Hamilton and Barnhart open at noon.
Housing Service Centers are closed December 24, 25, 26, and 31, 2019, and January 1, 2020.
New Roommates May Move In
Rooms with vacancies may be entered to prepare the space for a new resident. Please be sure that your belongings are not on the side of the room the new resident will be using. In the event that you come back from break and find a new roommate living in your room, we hope that you will extend them a warm UO welcome and provide them equitable space to share the room.
Scheduled maintenance may be completed during break. This includes checking smoke detectors, door locks, heaters, and other projects. This will require University Housing staff to be in the rooms. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit or call your University Housing Service Center.
Since the halls close over winter break, there is an additional fee of $616 ($420 for Law School students) for students who stay on campus and are unable to vacate during this time. Remaining students may be moved into temporary rooms to allow for better campus safety during this period of low occupancy. There is a $28 daily fee for any student checking out of the residence halls late (after Friday, December 13, at 7:00 p.m.)