Halls Remain Open: March 25–April 2, 2023
Students continuing to live in the residence halls for spring term may stay in the residence halls over spring break. Students need to complete their End of Winter Term 2023 plans form on their My Housing account to notify housing if they will be staying over break, returning for spring term, or checking out and not returning for spring term. There is no additional fee for staying over the break. A message about the end of winter term and spring break was emailed to all residents.
Keys and Move Out
Students who are returning to the residence halls for spring term will keep their keys with them over spring break. Students who are checking out of the residence halls at the end of winter term need to return their room and mail box keys to the service center before leaving for spring break. There is a $75.00 fee for keys not returned, $65.00 for a lock change on the room and $10 for a replacement mail box key. Students who decide not to return to campus for spring term, but did not check out before leaving for spring break will need to return to campus to move out their items and return their keys. Keys will not be accepted through the mail and items are not able to be shipped to students.
Dining Venues Closed March 25–31
Friday, March 24
- Barnhart Dining, Bullseye, DUX, Freshmarket Café pasta and café, Hearth & Soul, PNW Café, Puddles, Tamarind, and Watershed close at 2:00 p.m.
- Carson Dining, Drake’s Deli, Duck’s House Express, and Fresh Marketcafé bowls close at 5:00 p.m.
- Agate Street Market and Fresh Marketcafé deli and market close at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 25–Friday, March 31
- All dining venues closed
Saturday, April 1
- Agate Street Market: 4:00–10:00 p.m.
- Barnhart Dining and Carson Dining: 5:00–8:00 p.m.
- Drakes Deli and Watershed: 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- Duck’s House Express and Fresh Marketcafé: 4:00–9:00 p.m.
- All other dining venues closed
Sunday, April 2
- Agate Street Market: 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Barnhart Dining: 9:00–8:00 p.m.
- Carson Dining: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., 5:00–8:00 p.m.
- Drake’s Deli: 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- Duck’s House Express: 9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., 3:00–9:00 p.m.
- Fresh Marketcafé
- Bowls: Noon–9:00 p.m.
- Café: 9:00 a.m–2:00 p.m.
- Deli and market: 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Pasta: Noon–8:00 p.m.
- PNW Café: 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Watershed: 11:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Monday, April 3
- All dining venues resume regular hours.
EMU dining venues hours are available online.
Your prorated meal points for the week of March 19–24 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 43 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 56 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 69 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 81 meal points.
April 1 meal points are prorated for one day.
Housing Service Center Hours
Friday, March 24: 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 25: Noon–5:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 26: Closed
Monday, March 27–Friday, March 31: Noon–5:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 1–Sunday, April 2: 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
New roommates may move in while you are away
Rooms with vacancies may be entered to prepare the space for a new resident. Please be sure that your belongings are not on the side of the room the new resident will be using. In the event that you come back from break and find a new student living in your room, extend them a warm UO welcome and provide them equitable space to share the room.
Scheduled maintenance may be completed during break. This included checking bathrooms, smoke detectors, door locks, heaters, and other projects. This will require University Housing staff to be in the rooms. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit or call your housing service center.