Students must move out of the residence halls within 24 hours after their last final, or by 7:00 p.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021, whichever occurs first.
- Sign up for a date and time in advance for your check out at My Housing
- Donate all unwanted reusable items to Give Before You Go
- Return any equipment, dishes, and baskets to either your service center or dining venue.
Day of move-out checklist:
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room and place in designated locations; do not leave trash in hallways or other public areas (charges may be added to your account)
- Restore your room to its initial condition at check-in (including furniture set-up)
- Be sure all residence hall furnishings are accounted for and left in the room (this includes: mattress pad, trash can, and recycle bin)
- Remove all personal belongings (double check all the drawers)
- Vacuum or sweep the floor, including underneath the beds
- Complete your check-out
- Make sure to spend your meal points before you check-out
- Donate or take your bike home
- Place your keys and laundry card in the check-out envelope and turn them in at your housing service center
Failure to follow the move-out checklist may result in an improper check-out fines, there may be charges for cleaning, missing keys or furniture, and damaged property.
The end of spring term brings extra congestion to campus—please plan accordingly. Hand carts are available at your service center.
Summer storage is offered to current students living on campus during finals week and who have reserved a space in the residence halls for the 2021–22 academic year. Complete the summer storage request on My Housing.
Dining and Meal Points
Students will be provided prorated meal points for the final week of the term.
When you have completed your check-out, you will no longer have food points available. This includes any rollover points that you may have accumulated throughout the term. Meal plans end on Friday, June 11.
Your prorated meal points for finals week will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have 43 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have 56 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have 69 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have 81 meal points.
Damages and Cleaning
If room damage was not present when you checked in, it is considered your liability and you will be charged for it unless you can prove otherwise. Any charges for damage or cleaning in a common area will be divided equally among all students in the floor, hall, or building. Additional cleaning and damage charges may be assessed after check-out. Please review the check-out procedures carefully and talk to your roommate to work out a fair cleaning arrangement.