Students must move out of the residence halls 24 hours after their last final, or by 7:00 p.m. on Friday, June 14, 2018.
- Sign up in advance for your check out at My Housing
- Donate all unwanted reusable items to Give Before You Go
- Return any equipment, dishes, and baskets to either the Housing Service Center or the dining venue
Day of move-out checklist:
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room and place in designated locations; do not leave trash in hallways or other public areas (charges may be added to your account)
- Restore your room to its initial condition at check-in (including furniture set-up)
- Be sure all residence hall furnishings are accounted for and left in the room (this includes: mattress pad, trash can, and recycle bin)
- Remove all personal belongings (double check all the drawers)
- Vacuum or sweep the floor, including underneath the beds
- Complete your check-out
- Make sure to spend your meal points before you check-out
- Donate or take your bike home
- Place your keys and laundry card in the check-out envelope and turn them in at your Housing Service Center
Failure to follow the move-out checklist may result in an improper check-out fines, there may be charges for cleaning, missing keys or furniture, and damaged property.
Talk with your roommate about who will clean different parts of the room. Once your roommate has cleaned the agreed area(s) and has been successfully checked out by a staff member, it is your responsibility to keep the area clean.
The end of spring term brings extra congestion to campus—please plan accordingly. The end of spring term and Spring Commencement (Monday, June 18) will increase vehicle and foot traffic on campus. Please allow extra time for getting to campus by vehicle and finding a parking spot for move-out loading.
Summer storage is offered to current students living on campus during finals week (June 10–14, 2019), and students who have reserved a space in the residence halls for the 2019–20 academic year.
Commencement and Graduating Seniors
If you are a graduating senior, you will need to submit an late check out request on My Housing prior to Monday, June 3, 2019, and provide documentation of your graduation status by printing your online Enrollment Verification from the Office of the Registrar’s website. You will be allowed to stay until Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Students will be provided prorated meal points for the final week.
When you have completed your check-out, you will no longer have food points available. This includes any rollover points that you may have accumulated throughout the term.
Your prorated meal points for the week of June 10–14 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 43 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 56 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 69 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 81 meal points.
Damages and Cleaning
If room damage was not noted on your Property and Room Condition Report at the time of your check-in, it is considered your liability and you will be charged for it unless you can prove otherwise. Any charges for damage or cleaning in a common area will be divided equally among all students in the floor, hall, or building. Additional cleaning and damage charges may be assessed after check-out. Please review the check-out procedures carefully and make an effort to talk to your roommate to work out a fair cleaning arrangement.