Moving Out of the Halls
Parking and Directions
Our move-out parking map is a great tool for individuals coming to campus to assist a student. It will help you find our active loading zones as well as traffic changes.
You are required to sign up on My Housing to check out. You will need to check out 24 hours after your last final exam or by 7:00 p.m. on Friday of finals week, whichever comes first. Due to maintenance, campus facilities projects, and summer conferences, only graduating seniors will be considered for extensions beyond the Residence Hall Contract 2017–18 expiration date and time of Friday, June 15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Barnhart Dining, Big Mouth Burrito, Carson Dining, Common Grounds Café, and Fire ‘n’ Spice Grill will close on Friday, June 15, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
- Fresh Marketcafé, Grab ‘n’ Go, Gastro Kitchen, Puddles Café, will close on Friday, June 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- DUX Bistro will remain open until 8:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15, 2018.
Students will be provided prorated meal points for the final week.
When you have completed your check out, you will no longer have food points available. This includes any rollover points that you may have accumulated throughout the term. Remember to spend your points prior to checking out.
Your prorated meal points for the week of June 10-15 will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 43 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 56 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 69 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 81 meal points.
Damages and Cleaning
If room damage was not noted on your Property and Room Condition Report at the time of your check-in, it is considered your liability and you will be charged for it unless you can prove otherwise. Any charges for damage or cleaning in a common area will be divided equally among all students in the floor, hall, or building. Additional cleaning and damage charges may be assessed after check out. Please review the check-out procedures carefully and make an effort to talk to your roommate to work out a fair cleaning arrangement.
Commencement and Graduating Seniors
The end of spring term brings extra congestion to campus—please plan accordingly. The university’s annual Spring Commencement (Monday, June 18) will increase vehicle and foot traffic on campus. For a more successful check out, please plan to allow extra time for getting to campus by vehicle and finding a parking spot for loading.
If you are a graduating senior, you will need to submit an late check out request on My Housing prior to Monday, June 4, 2018, and provide documentation of your graduation status by printing your online Enrollment Verification from the Office of the Registrar’s website. You will be allowed to stay until Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Please begin to make your travel and late stay arrangements now.
Donations—Give Before You Go
In a partnership with our community, Give Before You Go bins will be placed throughout the halls for a number of items that can be donated to help others in need.
Below is a checklist of areas expected to be cleaned before you and your roommate check out on or before June 15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. Please negotiate between yourselves who is to be responsible for cleaning a specific area. It is important to note that these procedures are part of your contract and that failure to follow through with these procedures may result in an improper check out fine as well as charges for cleaning, missing keys or furniture, and damaged property. Also, it is expected that once your roommate has cleaned the agreed area(s) and has been successfully checked out by a staff member, it is your responsibility to keep the area clean. If you adversely affect a “signed off” area and fail to clean it, you will incur the cleaning charge even though it was your roommate’s area of responsibility.
- Sign up for check out through My Housing
- Donate all unwanted reusable items to Give Before You Go
- Return any equipment, dishes, and baskets to either the Housing Service Center or the dining venue
Day of move-out checklist:
- Remove all trash and recycling from your room and place in designated locations; do not leave trash in hallways or other public areas (charges may be added to your account)
- Restore your room to its initial condition at check in (including furniture set-up)
- Be sure all residence hall furnishings are accounted for and left in the room (this includes: mattress pad, trash can and recycle bin)
- Remove all personal belongings (double check all the drawers)
- Vacuum or sweep the floor, including underneath the beds
- Complete your check out
- Make sure to spend your meal points before you check out
- Donate or take your bike home
- Be sure to place your keys and laundry card in the check out envelope and turn them in at your Housing Service Center
Summer storage is offered to current students living on campus during finals week (June 11–15, 2018), and who have reserved a space in the residence halls for the 2018-19 academic year. Summer storage allows students to store some of their belongings with University Housing during the summer. Please review our summer storage guide for more information.