Halls Remain Open: November 26–29
During Thanksgiving break students may stay in the residence halls. Students need to register on My Housing to notify housing they will be staying over break. There is no additional fee for staying over the Thanksgiving break. Although classes and final exams will be fully remote after Thanksgiving break, residence halls and dining will remain open until the end of the term.
All UO residence hall students are required to be tested for COVID-19 the week of November 16. Residence hall students who are traveling should schedule their pre-travel test at least 4 days prior to departure to ensure they receive their results in time.
There will be no testing offered for residence hall students between Monday, Nov. 23–Sunday, Nov. 29 because of the break.
If you would normally be scheduled for a test the week of Nov. 23–29, you should schedule a test the week before (Nov. 16–19). If you plan to travel, make sure you schedule your test at least 4 days prior to departure.
COVID testing for UO residence hall students will resume Monday, Nov. 30.
The dining venues in the EMU will be closed Thursday, November 25, to Sunday, November 29.
- Wednesday, November 25:
- Big Mouth Burrito, Common Grounds Café, DUX Bistro, and Fire ’n’ Spice Grill will close at 2:00 p.m.
- Carson Dining, Fresh Marketcafé, and Grab ’n’ Go Market, will close at 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 26:
- Grab ’n’ Go Market will be open noon–7:00 p.m., offering the Gastro Kitchen menu and packed goods from the market.
- A special Thanksgiving turkey dinner will also be available at Gastro Kitchen from 4:00–7:00 p.m. Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, roast delicata squash, gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie. 4 pts / $10.95. Students on Carson Limited meal plan are also encouraged to take part in Thanksgiving dinner.
- All other dining venues will be closed.
- Friday, November 27, and Saturday, November 28: Grab ’n’ Go will be open noon to 7:00 p.m. offering the Gastro Kitchen menu and packaged goods from the market.
- Sunday, November 29: Regular dining hours resume.
Your prorated meal points for the week of Thanksgiving (November 22–28) will be as follows:
- Residents with 50 meal points per week will have: 29 meal points.
- Residents with 65 meal points per week will have: 37 meal points.
- Residents with 80 meal points per week will have: 46 meal points.
- Residents with 95 meal points per week will have: 54 meal points.
Meal points reset on November 29.
Housing Service Centers Hours
- Wednesday, November 25: 10:00 a.m–7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 26: Closed
- Friday, November 27: Closed
- Saturday, November 28: Noon–5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 29: Regular hours resume (noon–7:00 p.m.)