ResNet offers free IT services to residents living in University Housing at the University of Oregon. This includes all residence halls, Graduate Village, Agate Apartments, and Spencer View Apartments. ResNet also serves University Housing and its employees' information technology needs.
The university offers wired Ethernet connections for all residents. Every student room has at least one Ethernet connection per student. Wireless access exists in all residence halls and is available by logging in with your DuckID. Family housing and apartments offers wireless access in most common spaces.
Services that ResNet Provides:
- Virus and spyware removal
- Game console and device registration
- Assistance in solving problems regarding the UO network including outages, connectivity problems, etc.
- Installation of computer security software and safe computing information
- Removing peer to peer programs for file sharing violations
- Registering, configuring, and securing most wireless and wired devices
- Assistance connecting wireless devices to the UO networks
Services that ResNet Does Not Provide:
- Assistance with operating system errors or problems
- Setup, installation, problems with printers or other such peripheral devices
- Assistance to students not living in UO housing and non-housing faculty or staff (contact Information Services)
- Hardware repair
- House calls (unless prearranged with the university under the American With Disabilities Act)