We are so excited to welcome you to the flock this fall! Here is some helpful information for you as you prepare for move-in:
Move-in is Thursday, September 23
We are excited to share with you that move-in day for fall 2021 is Thursday, September 23! You will be assigned a move-in date and time by early September.
As a reminder, you are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccination prior to move-in. Students will be able seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement for medical and non-medical reasons, including religious, philosophical, or other personal reasons. Instructions on how to submit proof of vaccination or request an exemption, and other implementation details will be posted no later than July 26.
- Upload a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card, or
- Request an exemption for medical, religious, philosophical, or other non-medical reason. You will be required to complete an educational module and acknowledge the additional safety measures required for unvaccinated students. This may include wearing face coverings, distancing from others, isolating or quarantining if you are exposed to or contract COVID-19, COVID-19 testing, or other public health measures.
Students needing a COVID-19 PCR test prior to move in are strongly encouraged to get that testing done before heading to the Eugene and campus. University Health Services (UHS) will have very limited COVID testing available to support students who are not otherwise able to get a test completed prior to move in. To check availability and schedule a test, call UHS at 541-346-2770. Please note that testing times and capacity are very limited and this should be considered your testing option of last resort. Normal office visit fees ($148) and lab fees ($100) apply. UHS can bill insurance; any balance not paid by insurance will be pushed to your student account and will be your responsibility.
UHS Testing Availability
Friday, 9/10: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Saturday–Wednesday, 9/11–15: No testing available
Thursday, 9/16: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Friday, 9/17: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9/18: No testing available
Sunday, 9/19: 3:00–5:00 p.m.
Monday, 9/20: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 9/21: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 9/22: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Thursday, 9/23: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Other testing options (including free or low-cost testing) may be available through UO MAP and other community programs. You can find out more about UO MAP at coronavirus.uoregon.edu/map-testing. You can find more information about community testing by checking with Lane County Public Health or using Google to find testing options in Eugene/Springfield. Be sure to ask about costs and anticipated turnaround times for results to help you make an informed decision.
Important: Your lab result must include the following information:
- Your name
- Date of test collection
- Type of test (must indicate it was a PCR test—not an antigen test)
If your test result does not include this information, please reach out to the entity who did the test for you and request this information before you arrive. We will not be able to accept a test result that does not include this information.
If you tested positive within the past 90 days, you do not need a new test at this time. Instead, please upload a copy of your prior positive test to the MyUOHealth portal so we can review it. We will reach out to you if we have further questions or if you need a new test. Please upload your previous positive test result as soon as possible.
Early Arrivals (September 19–22)
If you are a part of an Academic Residential Community, Residential Community, or other programs—you may be moving in prior to Thursday, September 23. There may be consideration for extenuating circumstances for early move-in as well. International students can request to move in on September 19.
The Change in Arrival Request form will be available on My Housing in early September. Please note there is an additional charge for moving in early.
Community move-in dates
Academic Residential Communities (ARC) and Residential Communities (RC)
- Monday, September 20
- Environmental Leaders ARC
- Honors College ARC
- Performing Artists Collective ARC
- Tuesday, September 21
- Umoja Black Scholars ARC
- Wednesday, September 22
- Art and Design ARC
- Business ARC
- Communidad de Latinx Scholars ARC
- Creative Practice RC
- Gender Equity RC
- Global Engagement ARC
- Health Sciences ARC
- LGBTQIA+ Scholars ARC
- Industry, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation RC
- Media and Social Action ARC
- Multicultural RC
- Native American and Indigenous Studies ARC
- Sustainable Cities and the Public Good ARC
- Science, Sustainability, and Health Path RC
- Thrive Healthy Living ARC
- Women in Science and Math ARC
- Thursday, September 23
- Flying V: Substance Free RC
- Quiet RC
What to bring (and what not to bring)!
We look forward to you moving into the residence halls! Each room will come furnished with a bed, wardrobe, dresser, desk, chair, and waste and recycling bins. Bring the essentials and then determine what else you might once you have moved into your specific room. Many items can be purchased in Eugene after you arrive. Be sure to connect with your roommate and coordinate if you plan to bring any appliances or other large items. Be sure to know what you can (and cannot) have in your room.
Please note that there will be limited spaces for unloading (30 minutes) and short term parking. No multiple cars, moving trucks, trailers, or motor homes during move-in.
Residence Halls by the Numbers
This document provides information including furniture measurements, what type of bathroom is in each hall, bed lengths, elevator access, and floor type. Note that measurements are typical of what is in a residence hall room, but may not be exact. University Housing cannot change the furniture in any room. If you are unable to access this document, please email Alex Galbreath at email@example.com.
Make move-in easy with OCM
University Housing and the Residence Hall Association are happy to partner with OCM to make your move-in as easy as possible! OCM offers the latest styles in bedding, bath, décor, carpets and organization. Check out the best college assortment and “Room in a box” Value Paks at OCM.com/uor.
Shop OCM.com/uor for:
- Bedding (pillows, sheets, comforter, blankets)
- Bath (towels, washcloths, caddies)
- Comfort (mattress toppers, backrest pillows, weighted blankets)
- Organization (closet and under bed storage, trunks, desk accessories, housewares)
- Carpets (area rugs and plush carpets)
- Décor (wall art and decals, lighting, accent pillows)
OCM’s products are guaranteed to fit and OCM gives back a portion of every sale to support our campus activities and help students in need. Examples include:
- Funding leadership retreats with other student leaders on campus
- Holding events on campus to bring students from multiple halls together
- Sponsor educational speakers to join students on campus
- Travel to other universities to network with other students and develop leadership skills