This community is full for fall 2023.
What is the Performing Artists Collective?
The Performing Artists Collective is an exciting and supportive community of students from around the world who are pursuing music, dance, or theater opportunities at the UO. The goal of the community is to provide you with multiple levels of performance, academic, and personal support to further enhance the top-level education you’ll receive at the University of Oregon.
Why should I choose to live in this community?
In addition to the benefits of living with colleagues who are pursuing similar degree paths, you will have access to on-site music tutors and academic advising. You will also have around-the-clock access to acoustically designed practice rooms, a dance rehearsal and performance space with sprung wood floors and full-length mirrors, as well as common community and group study spaces. It is equally important to note that your resident assistant will be someone well-acquainted with the performing arts who can be a valuable resource, especially for students in their first and second years of study.
The Performing Artists Collective will offer these amenities:
- Three music practice rooms
- Lounge with upright piano
- More access to faculty connections
- Community learning and engagement
- Multipurpose room with community study space, classroom technology, and electric keyboards
- Practice space for dancers
What are the community expectations?
- Students will take UGST 112 (PAC ARC Seminar) fall and winter terms (total of 4 credits). These courses combined meet the core education group requirement for social science.
- (Optional) MUS 358: Music in World Cultures (4 credits). Satisfies Global Perspectives (GP) requirement and an Arts & Letters Core Education requirement.
- Show a commitment to learning about fellow performing arts disciplines in the ARC.
- Take advantage of your academic and residential advising services.
Residence Hall: 2022–23 Hamilton Hall. This community will move to the new residence hall in fall 2023. Students living in this community will select roommates who are also in the community.
Please note that communities can be moved to different residence hall buildings if the size or need of the community changes.
For more information, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible and how do I apply?
Students who have an active interest and concrete plans to get involved in the performing arts of music, dance, and/or theater at the UO—either through one of these majors, minors, or other significant involvement—are encouraged to apply.
- Register for University Housing and select the community you prefer in the "Community Preference" section.
- Fill out the supplemental questions on your housing application. The program director will be in communication with you over the summer to remind you to fill out the form and determine class placement and details.
Explore other Community Options