What is the Performing Artists Collective?
The Performing Artists Collective is an exciting and supportive community of students from around the world who are pursuing music, dance, or theater opportunities at the UO. The goal of the community is to provide you with multiple levels of performance, academic, and personal support to further enhance the top-level education you’ll receive in the School of Music and Dance.
Why should I choose to live in this community?
In addition to the benefits of living with colleagues who are pursuing similar degree paths, you will have access to on-site music tutors and academic advising. You will also have around-the-clock access to acoustically designed practice rooms, acoustic and digital pianos, a dance space with mirrors and barres, as well as common community and group study spaces. It is equally important to note that your resident assistant will be a music or dance major who can be a valuable resource, especially for students in their first and second years of study.
The Performing Artists Collective will offer these amenities:
- Eight music practice rooms
- Lounge with upright piano
- More access to faculty connections
- Community learning and engagement
- Multipurpose room with community study space, classroom technology, and electric keyboards
- Practice space for dancers
What course will we take?
- MUS 358: Music in World Cultures (4 credits). Satisfies International Cultures (IC) general education requirement.
Residence Hall: Hamilton Hall
Please note that communities can be moved to different residence hall buildings if the size or need of the community changes.
Who is eligible and how do I apply?
Students who are pursuing music, dance, and theater programs at the UO are encouraged to apply, whether they are declared majors, minors, or have a general interest in being involved in one of these areas at a deeper level.
- Register for University Housing and select the community you prefer in the "Community Preference" section.
- Fill out the supplemental questions on your housing application. The program director will be in communication with you over the summer to remind you to fill out the form and determine class placement and details.