ResNet offers free IT services to residents living in University Housing at the University of Oregon. This includes all residence halls, Graduate Village, Agate Apartments, and Spencer View Apartments. ResNet also serves University Housing and its employees’ information technology needs.
- Virus and spyware removal
- Assistance with device registration for game consoles, smart tvs, and IoT devices
- Assistance in solving problems regarding the UO network including outages, connectivity problems, etc.
- Installation of computer security software and safe computing information
- Removing peer to peer programs for file sharing violations
- Registering, configuring, and securing most wireless and wired devices
- Assistance connecting wireless devices to the UO networks
Services Resnet Does Not Provide
- Assistance with operating system errors or problems
- Setup, installation, problems with printers or other such peripheral devices
- Assistance to students not living in UO housing and non-housing faculty or staff (contact Information Services)
- Hardware repair
- House calls (unless prearranged with the university under the American With Disabilities Act)