Meal Plans That Fit Your Needs
There are a number of residential meal plan options as well as a plan for off-campus students and employees. All residence hall students need to choose a residential meal plan.
Residential Meal Plans
University Housing and Dining Services offers five residential dining plans for students living in the residence halls. Students can choose one of five options, each plan includes $50 in Duck Bucks per term.
These plans are included in your room and board rates and are not optional. You choose a residential meal plan when you complete your University Housing residence hall registration. All plans except the Carson based plan can be changed at any time. The Carson based plan can be changed between terms.
All residential meal plans except for the Carson based plan operate on a flexible point system loaded weekly on your UO ID and can be used at any of the nine dining venues. Points renew each Sunday morning.
- Deluxe: 95 points per week, plus $50 Duck Bucks per term. For students who seldom skip a meal and occasionally treat a friend.
- Standard: 80 points per week, plus $50 Duck Bucks per term. This plan is the most popular, providing enough for meals and snacks throughout the week.
- Select: 65 points per week, plus $50 Duck Bucks per term. For students who might skip breakfast but not lunch or dinner.
- Mini: 50 points per week, plus $50 Duck Bucks per term. For students who eat on the go and are often off campus on the weekends.
Spend the meal points buying any combination of items you like. An average day might look like this:
Breakfast at DUX Bistro—coffee and a bagel with cream cheese—2 points
Lunch at Big Mouth Burrito—chicken quesadilla with chips and salsa—3 points
Dinner at Fresh! Marketcafé—shrimp scampi with a fountain drink—5 points
Add a piece of fruit or a pint of milk or freshly baked cookies—1 point
- Carson Limited: Entry to Carson Dining (dine-in only) up to six times daily Monday–Friday (two separate times per meal period) and up to four times daily Saturday–Sunday and holidays (two separate times per meal period). Meal periods are breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday–Friday, and brunch and dinner on weekends or holidays. This plan includes $50 Duck Bucks per term and five meal points per week. Except for the Duck Bucks and the five meal points per week, this plan is only valid at Carson Dining. The Carson Limited plan cannot be changed after the first week of the term.
Each plan includes $50 Duck Bucks per term that can be used for goods, services, food, and beverages across campus at locations such as the copy center, library, and EMU. Your Duck Bucks balance is available as long as you are an enrolled student. Duck Bucks refunds are subject to the terms and conditions of Duck Bucks. Changes to the Duck Bucks portion of plans will go into effect at the start of each term.
Duck Bucks full terms and conditions.
Rollover Meal Points
Each residential meal plan comes with a rollover account, except the Carson based plan. If you have leftover points at the end of the week, they will roll over to your account for use in subsequent weeks. Rollover points can be used just like regular points any time in the term. We encourage you to select a plan that best fits your needs without having too many leftover points.
- A maximum of 50 points can accrue in your rollover account.
- Rollover is reset to zero at the start of a new term.
- Rollover points can only be used when students have used up their allotted points for the week.
- Students can check their point balance on My Housing or at any of housing’s dining venues.